The barcode printer is a special dot matrix printer, which is widely used. The normal operation of the barcode printer is very important for each application. Especially in a continuously operating production workshop, when the printer has a problem, the entire production line may be paralyzed, resulting in very large losses, and the resulting problems are generally related to the print head, because the print head is a key component, It is made on a ceramic substrate, and the surface is coated with a special protective film. Due to its structure, it is strictly forbidden to contact any hard objects with the surface of the print head. And the print head and roller should be cleaned frequently. In this way, the quality of printing can be maintained and the service life of the print head can be prolonged. After testing by professionals, regular and reasonable maintenance and maintenance of the small expenditure required for the print head saves several times or even dozens of times the cost of equipment repair or update.
Precautions for use
1. Avoid direct nail contact with the print head to scratch, etc. When there are blank dots/lines in the barcode or graphics and the printing effect is inconsistent, there may be dirt on the print head that needs to be cleaned. The print head should be cleaned regularly. It is not necessary to turn off the power when cleaning the print head, it depends on the cleaning situation.
2. Cleaning the print head Turn off the power of the printer, turn the print head up, remove the ribbon and label paper, use a cotton swab soaked in a little alcohol (80%), gently wipe the print head until it is clean, and then use a clean cotton swab Dry the print head gently. Please do not hit the print head with metal objects (such as a knife, screwdriver, etc.), and do not touch the print head with your hands.
3. Cleaning the roller After cleaning the print head, clean the roller with a cotton swab (or cotton cloth) soaked in a little 75% alcohol. The method is to scrub while rotating the roller by hand, and then wipe dry after it is clean. The cleaning interval of the above two steps is generally once every three days. If the barcode printer is used frequently, it is best to once a day.
4. Cleaning of the transmission system and the chassis. Because the general label paper is self-adhesive, its glue is easy to stick to the transmission shaft and channel, plus dust, which directly affects the printing effect, so it needs to be cleaned frequently. Generally, twice a week, the method is to use a cotton swab (or cotton cloth) soaked in alcohol to scrub the shafts, channels, and surfaces of the transmission and the dust in the chassis. After cleaning, wipe them dry.
5. Sensor cleaning and other precautions The sensor includes a ribbon sensor and label sensor. Generally, it is cleaned once every 1-3 months. The method is to blow off the dust and foreign objects on the sensor by a fan, etc.
Power grounding wire: to prevent damage to the print head and the main board of the machine due to excessive static electricity accumulation and abnormal voltage fluctuations. barcode printers cannot be plugged or unplugged under power. Hot plugging may burn the barcode printer motherboard. Turn off the power before plugging or unplugging the data cable. The daily maintenance of barcode printers is directly related to the service life of the print head. If the maintenance is not good, it is easy to shorten the service life of the print head, or even damage the print head and the main board of the machine.
Among the above matters, the quality of barcode printing consumables is particularly important. Enterprises should give priority to the smooth surface, better quality barcode labels, and barcode ribbons, in order to extend the service life of the print head and print quality. In addition, often use barcode printer "professional cleaning solvent" or choose to use "print head cleaning film" to clean and maintain the print head to avoid unnecessary damage caused by dust pollution on the surface of the print head.
Add: No3 Hao Tai Technology Park,Shenzhou Road 768,Sicence City,Luogang District,Guangzhou,China
No3 Hao Tai Technology Park,Shenzhou Road 768,Sicence City,Luogang District,Guangzhou,China