The receipt printers are different from common office laser printers. In fact, they are widely used in many occasions, such as shopping malls and supermarkets to print small tickets and invoices, as well as printers that print VAT invoices for various companies, etc. There are many other uses: such as a portable receipt printer for issuing tickets at the traffic police scene.
What do we need to check before using receipt printer?
1. Check if the printer is online. On most printers, there is a light next to the "OnLine" button indicating the online status. Normally, the online light should be on. If the indicator is off or flashing, it means that the connection is abnormal. Focus on checking whether the printer power is on, whether the printer power switch is on, and whether the printer cable is connected properly. If the online indicator is normal, turn off the printer, and then turn it on again to see if the print test page is normal.
2. Check if the printer is set as the default printer. Click "Start / Settings / Printers", if there is a black tick on the icon of the printer you are currently using, and then set the printer as the default printer. If there is no printer in the Printer window, click the Add Printer icon and follow the prompts to install it.
3. Check if the current printer is set to pause printing. The method is to right-click the printer icon in the "Printer" window, and check whether there is a small check mark in the "Pause Printing" option in the drop-down menu that appears. If you select "Pause Printing", cancel this option.
4. Type any text in Notepad, and then click Print on the File menu. If DYJ123 is able to print the test document, it means that there is a problem with the print program. Focus on checking whether the correct printer is selected by Word or other applications. If it is a print file generated by the application, check whether the print output generated by the application is correct.
5. Check if the free space of the computer's hard disk is too small. If the free space of the hard disk is less than 10MB, it cannot be printed. The checking method is to right-click the icon of the hard disk where Windows is installed in My Computer, select Properties, and check the hard disk space in the General tab. If the remaining space is less than 10MB, you must empty the Recycle Bin and delete temporary files, expired or unused files on the hard disk to free up more space.
6. Check if the printer driver is suitable and the print configuration is correct. Check the following in the "Details" option in the "Printer Properties" window: In the "Print to the following port" selection box, check that the printer port is set correctly. The most commonly used port is "LPT1 (printer port)", but some The printer requires other ports; if you cannot print large files, you should focus on checking the "timeout settings" values in the "timeout settings" column. This option is only valid for printers directly connected to the computer, and it is not effective when using a network printer.
7. Check if the printer port is open in the computer's BIOS settings. The printer's port in BIOS should be set to "Enable". Some printers do not support ECP type print port signals. The print port should be set to "Normal, ECP + EPP".
8. Check if there is a virus in the computer, if necessary, use antivirus software for antivirus.
9. Check if the printer driver is damaged. You can right-click the printer icon, select "Delete", and then double-click "Add Printer" to reinstall the printer driver.
10. There is no paper or paper jam in the input tray of the printer. Whether the toner cartridge, ribbon or toner cartridge of the printer is valid.
Add: No3 Hao Tai Technology Park,Shenzhou Road 768,Sicence City,Luogang District,Guangzhou,China
No3 Hao Tai Technology Park,Shenzhou Road 768,Sicence City,Luogang District,Guangzhou,China